Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hive 1 - Pippi Longstocking - February Block



Hello..... I am so excited that this is my month - I have been in the stash bee since the beginning 13 months ago, and have loved making all your blocks for you over this time, so now I can't wait to receive some blocks in return to make my own quilt.

I have loved this block since I first saw it, and so this month we are going to make Pippi Longstocking blocks.  Pop over here for lots of lovely examples....

For those of you who didn't grow up reading Pippi Longstocking like I did..... she is a quirky story character, with long red pig tails..... and she has great adventures....


DSC_0388

Here is my first Pippi block - she looks as though she is shimmying!!!

And then I did a Christmas Pippi!


DSC_0828


For the tutorial for the block, head over to Judith's great blog, and her tutorial here.


Instructions:-

1) Please follow Judith's tutorial and dimensions etc

2) Please choose from your stash and use your favourite colours for the border squares  (keep to one or two colours if at all possible), I would like each Pippi to have red/orange hair please.

3) Please use a white background - any white is fine.

4) have fun with this block.

5 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Looking forward to making this and thinking if all the possibilities! I didn't know you are a social worker. You are a good person!

CeLynn said...

This looks like such a fun block Tanya! That is so cool,you still have the first pouch you ever made :)

Samantha said...

Pippi Longstocking was my absolute favorite as a girl! Way cool block, I can't wait to get started!!

roccagal said...

how fun is this?!!!!
I luv Pippi and all her adventures and so enjoyed all her antics as a young girl!
I also had fun reading them again to my girls!
Pippi is AWESOME!
I cannot wait to make this!
Great choice!

Danny Heyen said...

OMG. This is an awesome block! Can't wait to make her for you! And I get to pick MY favorite fabrics?! Score!