Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hive #5 January Block

Hi.  I'm Kelly from Chicago.  I am brand new to quilting.  (Just finished my first 'real' one recently)  However I have been sewing my whole life, mostly garments and crafty things.  So I know my way around a machine but am excited to learn some new skills.

My first block is for Lynn.  For her block she wanted this very scrappy diamond pattern.  I have never really used low-volume fabrics much (gasp!) so this was a fun change for me.  I was a little nervous making this block but I really like how it turned out and I hope she does as well.


Lynn's question was 'what our favorite season is and why'.  That is a hard one because I really love Spring, Fall, and Winter almost equally.  I hate the heat so I'm not a big summer person.  (Its actually really humid in Chicago summers).  I love the briskness of the Fall and getting to wear sweaters again.  I LOVE winter and lots of snow.  There is never enough snow in Chicago for me.  I'm not a big fan of the wind chill though.  And then I love the spring when everything starts over again.  If I HAD to pick...  I guess I'd say Fall though.  I love the bright colors in the trees, just before they fall.

Can't wait for next month's block.  Bring it on!

No comments: