Monday, January 5, 2015

Hive 9 January Block

Tori, what fun this block is.  Getting the second stripe lined up took a bit of thought, but I think I nailed it on the gray one.

I'm not sure how to answer thins month's question. I'm in the process of moving from VA to SC. If you can to visit me in VA, Tori, I'd take you down to the DAR Museum to see their fabulous quilt collection before broaching the breadth and depth of the Smithsonian. In Charleston, I'm not sure yet, but there is history around every corner, The most fabulous site I've seen so far is the Angel Oak, a live oak tree that (quoting the Charleston Park Service) is over 400 years old, 65 feet high, with a circumference of 28 feet, and a canopy that shades over 17,000 square feet. 

3 comments:

Toni said...

Beautiful blocks! You did a great job lining up the second strip.

I would love to see the DAR quilt collection! I've never been to the Smithsonian either, but hope to make it later this year.

Hope that your move goes smoothly!

Toni said...

The blocks arrived today and are even better in person! Thanks for the extra block. It will add to the options of how I use the blocks!

Anonymous said...

Cute blocks, and good luck on your move!