Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hive #3 April Block

Heather gave us free reign this month and requested any block as long as it was 12.5" unfinished and used bright red, tan, white or brown.  I was worried that this might be a bit on the busy side but Heather gave me a thumbs up so this is going in the post to her today!

I chose a block from Stichery Dickory Dock's Sugar Block Club.  I quite like it but it photographs a little bit on the active side.  I loved this colour choice made primarily for the dogs and cats that like to sit on quilts.  I am going to have to do this myself someday.  Dogs are in moulting season and the lint rollers are getting great use at the minute!


Heather's question was if we did any sewing other than quilting and to be honest the answer is very little!  I do like embroidery and do a teeny bit of that from time to time.  I like to knit complicated patterns like cables and lacework , am really impatient doing rows and rows of plain and pearl and other than quilting which takes up most of my free time,  I guess photography would be my hobby of choice!

Thanks Heather for allowing us a free choice - hope it lives well in your quilt!

No comments: