Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hive 9 - May Block for Angela

Angela asked for a paper pieced block, Eastern Sunrise, this month.  I'm still fairly new to paper piecing but this one was pretty easy to complete.  My hardest part was trying to use random fabrics, as I tend to prefer everything to match!  Here are the two blocks I completed. 






For the monthly question, Angela wanted to know about three things that were in our creative space and why we had them there.  Mine are:

1.  Lots of counter space and light.  The built-in counters were added during a remodel two years ago and have made a world of difference in my sewing.  I have enough space to have two machines up and going at the same time if necessary.


2.  My iPad.   The sewing room is at the back of the house and isolated from the tv.  The iPad enables me to have music, watch uVerse via the app, or follow along with Craftsy classes or other tutorials.

3.  Xena, Princess Warrior Cat.  She has decided that a basket on my sewing counter is her spot and refuses to consider any other place in the house.  Since she is going on 19 years old, who am I to argue with her!  She's good company, if only she would keep her hair to herself.

No comments: