Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hive 5- Finished Blocks for Liz

It's not feeling much like fall here in Albuquerque, but I am wishing it was after making these fun maple blocks for Liz.  They were super easy and I love the autumnal colors she asked for.


I am super tempted to add these blocks to my own wish list.  They would make such a cute fall table runner.  We'll see if I have the time. 

Liz's question for the month was how do we quilt our quilts and what advice do we have for newbies.  For the last couple years I did most of my quilting on my domestic sewing machine with a preference for free motion quilting designs.  In March I took the plunge and got a Longarm Machine. I love love love it!  My advice for newbie quilters is to not be afraid and practice, practice, practice.  When I decided I wanted to learn free motion I made a bunch of 12X12 practice sandwiches and would quilt on one every day.  After just a couple weeks I was already a million times better than I was on day one. Because I was doing it everyday I didn't have to relearn the skill each time a sat down at the machine. 

Hope everyone had a great September.  Can't wait to see our block for October.

Tisha

No comments: