Monday, October 12, 2015

Hive 7 blocks for Lori

I loved that Lori requested any size star block this month! 
Stars are so easy for me using the y-seaming technique I teach in my workshops and DVD, Set-In Piecing Simplified!
 
I was at a retreat this weekend and did Lori's blocks first thing so they are off in the mail tomorrow morning!  I made two blocks using Marti Michell's 2 1/2" Stripped Template set.
The basic Lemoyne star is about 9" and looks very crisp in the red and blue! 
Then I took on the rolling star variation using a slight darker beige to frame the center star.
This block is about 14" square. 
The first couple star tips disappeared in the seams but by the time I finished the block, they were nearly perfect. 
Lori asked about our favorite quilt block and whether we had used it in a quilt.  My favorite for many years has been basket blocks.  I have a half dozen quilts with different style basket blocks and the name of my first shop was The Quilt Basket.
 
Looking forward to seeing the assortment of stars Lori has to work with!!
 
Mary Huey
 

1 comment:

Lori said...

They look beautiful. Thanks you!