Monday, January 11, 2016

Hive 1- Pineapples for Alison

Yeah!  A new year and a new hive....so excited....

So I've never made a pineapple block like this before.  But that is the reason I do the Stash Bee so that I can try new blocks!


I can't wait to see what they become!

So here are my questions/answers for Hive 1

1. Name: Tori Manzi (Tori is short for Victoria)

2. Where you live: On the coast of Maine in a town called Camden.  "Where the Mountains meet the Sea"

3. Tell us about your family: I've been married for 29 years to my husband Mark who is a Pharmacist.  I have two daughters, Alyssa who lives in Brooklyn NY and Kathryn who lives at home.

4. Tell us about your pets: We have one cat which is actually my daughters named Alonzo but my husband calls him China Cat (grateful dead reference)

5. How long have you been quilting? I made my first quilt with just 5 inch squares 30 years ago.  I didn't make another one for quite a while.  I've really started up again in the past year and a half.

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I sew clothes (did costumes for the local high school musicals for years, I cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else crafty I can get my hands on.  

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Alison Glass Sunprint 2016 and Elizabeth Hartman Pacific

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I do my best with FMQ, but my mom has a long arm so anything bigger than a lap quilt goes there.

9. Where we can find you on social media: Instagram:  Camdenmemom,  Facebook: Tori Garvey Manzi, Pinterest: Tmanzi, Flickr: hellokitkat1

10. Favorite book: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

11. Favorite show to binge watch: Sooo many....just finished Scandal - now on to Mr. Robot....

I can't wait to "Play" with all of you this year.

Tori :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! That's why I'm doing this swap as well, to make blocks I wouldn't normally make!

Alison V. said...

I'm so glad everyone likes the block! :) :)