Monday, January 11, 2016

Hive 4 - January Block

 


New block for me, I have never seen it before, but was fun to make.

1. Name: Gayle
2. Where you live: Austin, TX, but previously in Northern California and New Hampshire.
3. Tell us about your family: Me, my husband, a 21 year old son away at college and for the current school year, a 17 year old exchange student girl from Hungary.
4. Tell us about your pets: Two rescue kitties, Luna and Milo.
5. How long have you been quilting? A long time, probably close to 30 years. Have done traditional quilts, am in a small art quilt group and for the last year or so, I am in a renewed quilt making phase, sewing and completing projects. Really enjoying all of it including modern quilts.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Have always liked fiber arts, currently I knit, sew clothing and used to do production weaving for a living. Still have a loom but haven't used it in years.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: What ever strikes my fancy, but like Cotton + Steel.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I either quilt on my home machine or send out to a long arm quilter.
9. Where we can find you on social media: On Facebook: Gayle Jeker Blake
10. Favorite book: The Shipping News by Annie Prouix and Northern Borders by Howard Frank Mosher.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: The Big Bang Theory, Orange is the New Black and for current shows I like Project Runway and Poldark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gayle, this looks wonderful! I'm so excited to get it!