Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hive 5 January Block


Love, love, Audrey's choice of block pattern and colors!  What a fun block to make!  Seriously glad to be off on such a good start for our Hive5!

Answering the get to know you questions:

1.  My name is Patty Fox.

2.  I live in The Woodlands, Texas, a northern suburb of Houston, sometimes fondly called "Very Far South Dallas."  I am a native born Houstonian and we have lived in The Woodlands 22 years.

3.  Extremely proud Mom 😍 of two grown 😢 Young Men.  Morgan is 27 and Conner is 23.  They both live far away, one in Philly, the other in Brooklyn.  They are good boys.  Married almost 28 years to Glenn, who brings me coffee in the morning.  Need I say more?

4.  We have a Princess Kitty, Moony, 10.5 years old, and she is a Munchkin.  She is not allowed in my studio, to her great dismay, and she is really cute.

5.  I started quilting again a year + ago, after taking a break for a few years.  I started in the late 1990's...

6.  Sick person here, OCD, when it comes to crafts/creativity.  Focus on one at a time, mostly, but have cycled through painting, knitting, photography...I am not accomplished at crocheting.  Cannot do it.

7.  Oh, I am an equal opportunity purchaser of fabric, but I do subscribe to Anna Maria Horner and Liberty of London clubs; and I like mostly modern stuff.

8.  Avante 18" longarm Handi Quilter owner for about 10 months.  Still figuring it out.  Sometimes I like to hand quilt and sometimes I quilt small projects on my domestic Bernina, if the longarm is busy.

9.  My moniker is "foxmorepatty" on IG, Pinterest and Flickr.  I try to stay off Facebook.  Fairly inept social media-wise.

10.  I used to read much more.  Constantly.  Now I find most fiction poorly written and boring.  I am in a bookclub, however, and recently enjoyed "The Rent Collector".  Rex Stout, Nero Wolfe stories are a longtime favorite.  I collect the books, if you want to send some my way.  Big fan of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games series.

11.  Well, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones have been past favs.  We do not watch a lot of TV.  My current fantasy is to binge Gaiam Yoga videos while actually practicing the art.