Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hive 7 - January block

Here she is Cyndi! 
Just under the gun. The block was fun to pull together. Enjoyed using little bits and pieces of treasures found in my scrap bins. Hope you like :)

My name is Erika Nickens. I live just north east of Indianapolis, Indiana in Fishers. I am a SAHM of three girls aged 15, 11 and 2. I have been quilting almost a year. It has really given me a great outlet for creativity, productivity and ME time. My main gig can get pretty boring ;). Quilting is my main pastime. In the past I have been a scrapbooker. I enjoy making in general and learning new skills. 

I am currently infatuated with Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics and would love to acquire a FQ bundle of Moda Modern Background Paper.  

I find myself drawn to the aesthetic of modern quilts, but there is comfort in a good old scrap quilt! Since starting, I have only done straight line quilting but my one of my goals for 2016 is to learn to FMQ on my DSM ( check out my quilter lingo). Long arming I hope, in the future. 

Not much of a social media force... 

Books... In a neighborhood book club, but not much reading gets done. If I'm reading, it's either to my two year old or about quilting on the web. 

Recent TV binges include: Jane the Virgin, Call the Midwife, Doc Martin, Empire, and currently flying through Nurse Jackie. 

1 comment:

jackie said...

I was in a HST swap, I love this!
My daughter asked for a coffee press cozy, I think with some tweeks I can use them and this idea! Thanks so much!!!!