Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hive 8 - January Block

Laura’s star block was so much fun to make, and it was great easing into the bee with a simply constructed design that has a lot of graphic impact! 


1. Name:  Liz
2. Where you live: London, Ontario
3. Tell us about your family: I’m single and child-free.  I have 5 charming nieces and nephews who keep me young at heart!
4. Tell us about your pets: I’m not a pet person, I can’t even keep house plants alive!
5. How long have you been quilting?: I made my first quilt about 12 years ago, but didn’t really get obsessed with the hobby until about 4 years ago.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?: I like to knit on occasion, and enjoy drawing and watercolours.  I’ve also just started learning calligraphy which is a lot of fun! 
7. Fabric line you want to buy next:  I don’t generally buy an entire line of fabric, but Carolyn Friedlander’s new Carkai collection is hard to resist.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): My most favourite method is hand-quilting, but I also enjoy FMQ.  I’d love to learn how to use a long arm some day.
9. Where we can find you on social media: I blog at lizzyclipsdesign.blogspot.ca, and I’m on Instagram: @lizzyclips
10. Favorite book: I love to read and there's no way I could choose just one.  A few faves are: The Great Gatsby, Anne of Green Gables, and pretty much anything by Margaret Atwood (especially the Handmaid’s Tale)
11. Favorite show to binge watch: Any British period drama. 

I hope you like the block, Laura, it’ll be on its way to you this week!

1 comment:

Lisa J. said...

Beautiful choice of fabrics Liz.