Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January Hive 8 star block

This block was a ton of fun, and went togther very quickly.  I'll get it in the mail this afternoon.



Stash Bee Q&A

1. Name: Jennifer

2. Where you live: Texas, in a suburb northwest of Dallas

3. Tell us about your family:  My husband and I have been married for 13 years, and have three children, aged 9, 7, and 4.

4. Tell us about your pets: 
We have three cats (Zarathustra "Z", Mab, and Thor), and a dog, Daisy.

5. How long have you been quilting? I started quilting last year.

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting: 
I knit and bake.  Knitting has taken a backseat lately, but I do have a weekly knitting group at work.

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: 
Nothing in particular, I tend to buy for specific projects rather than for stash.  I did get a jelly roll of Alison Glass Abacus, and like it so much I may get a fat quarter bundle too.

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): 
So far I've just used my domestic machine, but I am thinking of sending the top I am working on for my husband out to a long arm quilter.  One of the local quilt shops here offers long arm classes and you can rent time on the machine, but I don't think I finish tops quickly enough to keep any skills sharp enough to do it on my own.

9. Where we can find you on social media: I'm bctex06 on flicker, but don't have an instagram or current blog.

10. Favorite book: 
That's hard.  I love to read, but don't think I have a favorite.  A recent favorite is The Magicians, by Lev Grossman. 

11. Favorite show to binge watch: 
Friends, Bones.

No comments: