Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hive 8 April Log Cabin Plus block

This was a quick block to put together.  I got a nice surprise when I opened up the Science Fair fabric too - I'd ordered it online, and there was a note included letting me know my cut was at the end of the bolt, and they'd thrown the extra in.  The extra ended up being more than a quarter yard!


The example black and white fabrics Liz included in the tutorial included some that were weighted heavier on the white side.  I wasn't sure how the white heavy fabric I first chose would work in practice though, so I made one with the much more black heavy Science Fair fabric just in case.  Hopefully they will both work for Liz's quilt.



I've been collecting black and white fabrics for a black and white log cabin quilt I have on my to-do list, and making this block has me eager to finish my current works in progress so I can get started on my own black and white quilt.

This is a crazy week at work for me, but I will try to get this in the mail by next weekend.

3 comments:

June D said...

Both terrific looking!

Lisa J. said...

Very nice fabric choices. I'm drooling over the Science Fair.

Liz said...

Both blocks look amazing!!!