Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hive 4 September X block for Gayle

I don't know about you guys, but I spent the entire month of August refreshing the Stash Bee website and running to my mailbox. Having finally realized how much fun it is to be queen, I decided to try to get my blocks out earlier than the last weekend of every month, so here we are on the third of September with finished blocks.

I'd seen this block in a few of the other hives and was kind of meh about it because it seemed a bit complicated, but this combination of colours is perfect (and not one I would have naturally gravitated to) and other than some minor surgery to get things to line up, the blocks were a delight to make. I even did a bit of fussy cutting on the first one. The second one looks quite red in the photo, but I promise it's pink, Gayle!

quiltingrainbows-x-block
X Block for Gayle


Can't wait to see what the others make.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in Hive 4 for the fantastic (and numerous) checker blocks they sent. I can't wait to finish putting that quilt together.

Greetings from Munich,

Carmit

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Carmit, love them. Thanks. Hope my blocks for you arrived okay in the mail.




rappy said...

They did, Gayle, thank you, and thank you for all the extra squares! I don't know if I'll have enough time to finish what I plan for QuiltCon, but if not, there's always next year :).