Saturday, October 1, 2016

October Queen Bee Hive 3

    It has taken a long time to pick a block for me. My love is paper piecing and designer Tula pink.  I went between many blocks but have decided on Zeppelin.  It is a free block from Wombat Quilts.  It was originally from series by Julie at 627Handworks.  All of the patterns are wonderful but this is simple paper piecing.  You will need to go to site and print pattern at actual size. I will be using pattern on 2nd page.  If printed on letter size paper it will make a  9.5 to 9.75 inch block.  Print 4 for complete block.  Please measure the scale block it will measure 3/4 of an inch. This was an error on my part but in the end I liked the size better.



The colors will be gray for background.  A set of 4 colors, 1 dark, 2 medium and 1 light.  In
pictures below I showed 3 sets of 4 colors and whole line of gray.  Use same colors in each quarter in same position.  Mark colors on pattern as shown in picture.




The colors are as follows
#1 Gray 
#2 medium
#3 Light
#4 Second medium
#5 Dark


Because of change in pattern when you trim the 4 pieces you will need to make sure you trim beyond dotted line.  Each of the 4 will be the same.


Sew each half together and then you are done. No matching points.


Please have fun.  I love bright colors.  As I said Tula Pink is my favorite designer. Many of the blocks contain her fabric.  If you have never seen her fabric you should look her up. So from your fabric pick what you love and come up with a fun combination.  Just have fun.  Can't wait to see what you do.  Do not trim or take paper out. Thanks for everything you do

No comments: