Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Hive Crash for Erika

Hive 3's November Queen Linda had to abdicate her throne due to helping a friend.  One of the suggestions she gave us for for what to do instead of making her a block was to crash another hive.  When I saw Erika's block that will go to making a quilt for her 3-year-old daughter, I knew that was the one for me.  Erika encouraged novelty fabrics, and novelty fabrics are my favorite!
I went through my I Spy scraps and didn't find much pink, the lucky little girl's favorite color.  But there are some fun novelties here, with butterflies, rainbows, bananas, and penguins.  And those red dots with the bananas are actually hearts.  I can't wait to see the finished quilt for Erika's daughter!

Thanks, everyone, for a great year in the Stash Bee! This is my first year and I have loved it, can't wait to come back next year! 

Emily, Hive 3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brava Emily! Great blocks😍

Podmom said...

Thank you, Thank you! They look great!

Unknown said...

Those bananas are fantastic!!!