Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hive 6 January Block for Emily

Hi!  My name is Janice and I blog at colorcreatingandquilting.blogspot.com    I finally finished Emily's block.   You would not believe how loooooong it took me.  I am just not getting this paper pieced thing.  I had to rip out so many times it was ridiculous.  Yeah, I got a bit grumpy.


But that wasn't Emily's fault.  In fact, she gave lots of tree options and I didn't have to go that route but I really liked the looks of this block.

 I'm sure there must be some tricks to it that I am just not getting but . . . 
 I am determined to conquer this!  

Emily, I hope you like your tree and if you were to visit me I would want to take you to our local zoo where they have the most wonderful butterfly farm with the most exotic and colorful butterflys!


Pattern by Beth Maddocks at Piece By Number Quilts








3 comments:

Pam Chamberlin said...

This looks like a difficult block, and you did a beautiful job.

Emily said...

This is a great tree, Janice!! Thanks! I'm sorry that the paper piecing gave you such trouble, but your determination certainly paid off!

Unknown said...

Just a beautiful block. I have only done one paper pieced....this would have taken me so long. GREAT job