Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2016 Finish For Hive 1...



I finally finished my 2016 quilt from when I was part of Hive 1. This quilt was inspired by a friend who give me a quilt kit that she decided she didn't want to make. The kit was full of traditional fabrics in blues and yellow with a very simple beginning quilter pattern. I told my friend I would take the kit and make a quilt for her but I would most likely not use the pattern. She agreed, with the condition that she is going to donate the quilt to a worthy charity. When I signed up for the Stash Bee last year I decided to use the Tic Tac Toe pattern and I thought this would be a great way to get more blocks to make a larger quilt. It certainly turned into a bright, cheery, and not so traditional quilt that should make someone smile. The blues and yellows certainly feel like summer to me. Of course, little Katrina wanted in on the photo shoot.

3 comments:

Liz Horgan said...

Wow! That came out great! So bright and cheery!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz!!!

Pam Chamberlin said...

Really cute!